Ensuring Safe Casino Play
Safety and security of personal and banking information when doing anything online is a major concern for anyone who has ever ventured onto the net to make a purchase of any kind and when playing at online casinos this issue is at the top of most players minds. If you”re new to the game or even if you're not, here are a few things that you should keep on your casino checklist every time you play in order to ensure safe casino experiences that are nothing but a pleasure:
Reputation, Reputation, Reputation!
Like anything in life, when it comes to online casinos there are unfortunately those who are unscrupulous and take advantage of unsuspecting players. You online have to read the player forums to find tales of woe regarding unpaid withdrawals, winnings, under handed bonus terms, lack of communication and conditions etcetera, etcetera. Of course there are also properties that are honest, who pay on time and in full, always respond to customers and hardly ever have any problems at all. In this industry, reputation speaks for a lot and where there is smoke, there is generally fire!
The key to weeding out the rogues and finding respectable, safe online casinos is research. So once you identify a casino that you think you”d like to play at, you need to do a background check (much like you would for most things nowadays!). The most effective way to gauge a casino”s overall reputation is to read reviews and only play at casinos recommended by reputable third party websites like blackjackfiesta.net, to skim the player forums for any complaints and/or feedback from existing players and to perform the various checks discussed in the following section:
Investigate Casino Websites
A casino's website will tell you a great deal about them and checking these is a small thing that you can do that goes a long way towards ensuring your peace of mind and security. There are a few things to look out for before playing:
- Licensing and Regulation: Reputable online casinos are licensed and regulated in various jurisdictions and countries and are governed by the laws thereof. This ensures that the operations are run legitimately and that all money that is due is cashed out accordingly.
- Regulatory bodies: Reputable casinos will be registered with regulatory bodies like eCogra which also monitor their transactions, auditing game payout ratios and the like to ensure fairness and best practice.
- General Security: Always look at the casinos security implements on the website. Trustworthy casinos will generally employ P128-bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Data Encryption technology to ensure the absolute security of all transactions.
- Banking Transaction Security: Another security measure is to check the casinos Payment Processing company, reputable companies like E-Cash, Datacash, Neteller etc. provide funding methods with secure transactions which are airtight to ensure security of users.
- Variety of support options: Good casinos offer 24/7 customer support with a variety of contact points from toll free telephone and fax to e-mail and occasionally live chat options. Look out for these and test them before you play!
A property which complies with all of the criteria mentioned above is William Hill Casino Club. Not only is this casino an honest operation in every way, but it will delight you with a great variety of games as well as exciting ongoing promotions. When you play anywhere though even at reputable casinos like this, you should still consider the advice in the section below:
Once you have selected an online casino based on the above criteria, there are a few things you can always do to ensure your continued safety and security.
Use a Web Wallet
Making use of web wallets like Neteller do make life easier as they can be funded with small amounts of cash from your credit card or bank account as you go. This means that there is no risk of your personal bank account being drained should anything ever go wrong with security. Also, these methods tend to be quicker in terms of getting your withdrawals and winnings as they are usually instant once the processing is done.
Adhere to casinos safety Measures
These may be obvious point but they are definitely worth sticking to as they are in place for a reason:
- Protect your login information and passwords: This is self explanatory but if you feel you need to write these things down, hide the information so that it is not easily accessible to others.
- Do not share your player account: Yes, people actually do this and it”s the fastest way to make trouble when either of the parties cashes in money that is not his/hers. Even if you trust another person enough to do this, you never know who else will have access to the account when they are not around.
- Provide Documentation on Request: The Regulatory Bodies mentioned earlier closely monitor and verify all financial transactions of the casino which in turn necessitates casinos to verify player information from time to time. Safety and security within this process is the reason why you may be asked to provide a copy of your ID/passport and proof of address when receiving payments so don”t get upset or impatient, it”s actually a VERY good sign.
Following these few simple tips will not only ensure that you play at a safe online casino and that your personal details will be secure, but also that every experience is one that will be enjoyed with complete peace of mind.